Tuesday, March 10, 2009

The sick need a physician... the Great Physician

These past few weeks have been relatively busy with at least 8hr days and sometimes 10 or more. I am doing my surgery clinical right now and Darren is doing snow removal. So when you walk into our cozy 1 bedroom basement suite it reflects that of the movie home alone... laundry unfolded... dishes waiting to be washed... unsorted scrap paper... unvaccumed floors... ETC, ETC. And frankly I don't really care right now... we'll deal with that as needed. And well for supper some nights we have Cheerios. I am definitely looking forward to being finished this clinical, after this one its only two more to go until THE END.
Even in the busy times there is teaching to be learned especially spiritual teaching. Nursing has really opened up my eyes to see the character of God as a healer. There are so many portions of scripture where our Lord is described as the great physician. As I look at the patients with cerebral palsy, multiple sclerosis, pneumonia, fractured bones, etc, etc I really see God's love for them and his desire to heal these people physically but more importantly spiritually. We live in a world with so many people who are sick and are in need of the great physician. Hopefully the people I work with, the patients and other people I encounter will witness the power of Christ in me. My goal in life is to draw people to our great physician.

No comments: