Monday, September 10, 2007

Story of Jalapeno Peppers...

... that were not jalapeno peppers. This weekend Darren and I decided that it would be nice to prepare a nice meal for his family. After surveying our list of options we decided to make Quesadillas. At this time we also decided we were feeling like we wanted a bit of kick to our Quesadillas... so after our trip to Superstore we came back with our so called jalapeno peppers and the rest of ingredients. So because the peppers at Superstore were creatively labelled "assorted chilli peppers" we were unsure if they were really jalapenos. Darren volunteered to try the peppers prior to putting them in the Quesadillas. I cut him a piece approx. a sixth of the pepper with the seeds included. In 5 seconds or less he was running around the house doing jumping jacks and screaming "my throut is burning , my throut is burning..." Meanwhile, I had touched my eye and I was yelling, "my eye is burning, my eye is burning..." So both Darren and I concluded that this was no jalapeno. This was a bit too much "kick" for our liking... however it added a bit of excitement and laughter to our evening!!

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

Sorry, I forgot to tell you. They always served hot peppers at the hospital in Lubango. One of the nurses told me never to touch my eye after touching a pepper!