Thursday, July 19, 2007

Czech Republic vs Austria

Darren was able to get three free tickets to the Fifa World Cup Soccer game for last night's game in Edmonton through his boss at work. He had a casual conversation with the boss that went something like, "Do you know if there are any tickets left for the Fifa World Cup Soccer games?" And his reply was "I am getting company from out of town. I'll give you my three tickets." It was the Czech Republic playing Austria in the semifinals. Our seats were in the second pier close to the top. At first we were confused and didn't realize if the "red" team was the Czech Republic and the "white" team Austria or vice versa. So after discussing back and forth for a while, a girl in front of us heard our conversation and clarified that the "red" team was Austria and the "white" team was the Czech Republic. So after figuring out the teams it was easier to understand who was winning. Darren work until 4:45 or so and I work until 4:00 and the game started at 5:45... so we arrived at the game after the only two goals in the whole game were scored. Czech won 2:0. After the game we walked back to Darren's house. I bet it was probably a lot faster walking than driving. There was 28,000 fans at the game and a lot of people with cars. There has been so much fun summer stuff happening this past week, and the soccer game was just some of the fun!!

1 comment:

Erica said...

Carolyn:

Wowzers, it's been awhile since I've come to this blog. Life has been crazy! How wonderful of you though to post specifically to me! I will admit to you only :) that I laughed out loud! That's awesome... indeed I am a Baerwald now, and after a month of being so I can honestly say I love it. We've been so blessed by the Epp/Baerwald families that I don't even know where to begin! The other day was Liz's 60th birthday party at their house in Waldheim. Tim and I so badly wanted to stay and visit longer, but had to get out to camp. Truly, such a fun time sitting and talking/laughing/relaxing with everyone! You'll have to let us know when you come out for a visit so we can check out this farm I keep hearing about AND meet you all at the same time!

Take care Carolyn... and I'll be seeing you soon!