Wednesday, June 6, 2007

Opportunity vs. Difficulty

Have you ever heard the saying, "If life hand's you lemons make lemonade." Well there is always opportunity to have a positive perspective on the difficulties that are passed your way. When you face challenges you have a chance to view it as "sour lemons" or "sweet lemonade." Its a chance to view the situation as an opportunity to reflect Christ's character in the midst of challenges.
About two or so weeks ago at clinical I injured my lower back while turning a stiff patient. As a result I was not able to finish my clinical practicum. After talking to the assistant program coordinator she suggested that I work as a nursing attendant for six months prior to reapplying into the program. So needless to say my plans are not God's plans. I am certain that God has a greater plan in this situation than I realize. Scripture has been my comfort and my joy these past weeks. The promises that God has given us in his word allow us to perceive these types of situations as a joy. As it says in James, " Consider it all joy my brethern when you face trials of various kinds knowing that the testing of your faith produces endurance. And let endurance have its perfect result, so that you may be perfect and complete lacking nothing." " Blessed is a man who perseveres under trial; for once he has been approved, he will receive the crown of life which the Lord has promised to those who love him." As I opened up my Bible I observed four dried crocuses which I placed in my Bible as a reminder that, "if God cares enough to provide sunshine, water and food for these crocuses I know that God cares for me." The Lord says, " I know the plans I have for you plans to prosper you, plans for welfare and not for calamity to come upon you to give you a future and a hope." God has so many promises in his word to bring us hope and joy. Another one of his promises that I love is found in Romans 8:28 which says, " And we know that God causes all things to work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to his purpose." God definitely has a plan for me with in this time. Even in these past two weeks the Lord has been teaching me so many things. Even as I wait at the Medi-centre for 3 hrs to see a doctor I am being taught patience. And as I visit the physiotherapist 3 times a week I am learning self discipline in performing exercises for 1 and half hours 3 times a day. I know the Lord will continue to reinforce the promises outlined in his word. He is faithful to teach those who earnestly seek after him. In this time I desire to be completely dedicated to him and I know he is faithful.

No comments: