Thursday, April 22, 2010

Vibrant with excitement...

Sometimes days go by and it seems like life becomes rather mundane. Then one day there are numerous events that can be vibrant with excitement. Today was that day, a day I will probably never forget. Last night my dad informed me that during our visit he was going to make an appointment with this herbalist in Edmonton. He gave me the address the night before the appointment and asked if I knew how to drive to this location. I said, "Oh sure I know where that is... its downtown." So the conversation continued and he explained that tomorrow he was going to get a 'reading.' I explained to my dad that this clinic was in a shady part of town and that this guy could be a psychic and if he knew if this guy had any naturopathic physician credentials. He explained to me and mom that because he wasn't getting any answers from the 'regular' physicians that he would like to give this guy a try. This guy was simply going to look at the blood vessels in his eye and tell him a diagnosis and prescribe some herbal remedies. So I drove with my parents down to this acupuncture/herbalist clinic close to downtown. As you walked up to the door there was 2 homeless persons sitting on the bench outside. And as you walked through the doors you could smell rice and tea. It was somewhat of a makeshift clinic with two rooms for appointments and a waiting room with 5-6 chairs, there was a kareoke machine playing in the waiting room. So my dad went in for the appointment with this herbalist physician. And while he was waiting to see the massuse who was supposed to "heal him." He chatted with us a while about the benefits of Chinese medicine and how there is positive and negative energy and when they are imbalanced there is problems including pain. After a few minutes my dad was called into this appointment with the massuse. So this herbalist doctor sat and talked with mom & I the whole time about psychic and how god revealed him different death destinies of 2 of his family members years in advance. The whole time mom & I are exchanging looks saying "I can't believe we are in a herbalist clinic in Edmonton listening to this weird psychic dude." He asked us to give him numbers so that he could read our minds, I refused. Mom finally gave him 3 numbers after he insisted several times. He told mom the numbers add up to 4 so that means your going on vacation soon. And mom was not going to give him any indicators that she was leaving to visit grandma in a week, so she kept her mouth shut the whole time. And he asked her several times and there was no way mom was telling him. The whole time this conversation was rather awkward, but we did tell him we didn't believe in psychics but that we did believe in God. Then he began to share with us how being psychic is a dangerous thing and how he doesn't want to be psychic. Anyways that was my interesting adventure for the day.

1 comment:

that's us... said...

hi carolyn! wow...i hadn't checked in for so long- what timing to see a new post today. that does sound like quite a day- an odd day- praying for you in this situation.